1. Your consent
2. What personal information do we collect?
2.1 We may collect ‘Personal Data’ such as your full name, address, postcode, telephone number, email address and other personal information, if required, to enable us to provide you with information about our services or the services themselves.
2.2 In some circumstances we may also seek to collect ‘Sensitive Personal Data’ such as that which relates to an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, or to their gender. We will do this in order to enable us to monitor our performance in relation to the diversity of one or more of our various membership schemes. Providing such ‘Sensitive Personal Data’ will always be voluntary and will never be a condition of membership.
3. What do we do with your personal information?
3.1 If you provide us with sensitive personal data, such as that which relates to your racial or ethnic origin, or to your gender, we will use and store that information only to the extent necessary to monitor our performance in relation to the diversity of the membership scheme to which you belong.
3.2 If you provide us with your contact details, we will use and store your personal information:
• to the extent necessary to provide our services to you;
• for our own internal record keeping;
• to let you know about functionality changes to our website or changes to our terms and conditions of use;
• to enable us to provide staff training;
• from time to time to send you information by electronic mail (that includes email and SMS) about the service we may offer, unless you have advised us not to either when providing us with your personal information initially, or subsequently.
3.3 We do not pass your details to third parties for direct marketing purposes without your consent.
3.4 We reserve the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly or to protect British Screen Forum or other users of our services.
3.5 If you join British Screen Forum as a Member or as a Future Leader or are the nominated primary contact of an Associate Member or are the Registered Alternate of a Member or Associate Member we may publish your name, job title and company name on our website, membership portal, app and/or printed materials. We will not publish your contact details without your permission.
4. How do we protect your personal information?
We have strict security procedures in place covering the storage and disclosure of your personal information in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. We restrict our employees’ and agents’ access to your personal information by only granting access to those employees and agents who need the information to perform their specific duties.
5. How long do we store your personal information?
We do not store or process any information on you when it is no longer required by us or if you have informed us that you do not want us to store or process such information which you may do at any time unless it is necessary for us to store or process such information to provide the services to you.
6. What if you think we have incorrect information or you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, or would like to change your preferences for receiving marketing information from us?
6.1 You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. A small fee will be payable. This fee will not exceed £10. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
The Data Controller
British Screen Forum
58 Broadwick Street
London W1F 7AL
6.2 If you believe that any of the information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will correct any information which is found to be incorrect promptly.
6.3 If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us please write to us at the above address or reply to any such email communication with ‘Unsubscribe’ in the subject line.