9th Apr 2014
Film Conference 2014
The BSAC Film Conference 2014, sponsored by Time Warner, took place on Tuesday, 8 April 2014.
A copy of the programme can be downloaded here.
It featured a strong line-up, including:
– Gravity: A British Success Story, William Sargent (CEO, Framestore), in conversation with Josh Berger (President and MD, Warner Bros. UK, Ireland and Spain)
– Jane Tranter (Head of BBC Worldwide Productions and Adjacent Productions), in conversation with Jane Lighting (Non-Executive Director, Trinity Mirror)
– Movie Market Update, from Ben Keen (Chief Analyst and Vice President, Media, IHS)
– Serge Hayat (DG, Cinemage)
– Muriel Joly (Head of Business Development, Under the Milky Way)
– Peter Gerard (CEO and Founder, Distrify).
And the following Panel discussions:
– Why We Are All Producing Now, chaired by Ajay Chowdhury (CEO, Seatwave and Deputy Chairman, BSAC), featuring: James Abraham (Digital Strategy Director, Sunset + Vine) and Digby Lewis, (Head of Multiplatform, Gravity Road)
– Event Cinema, chaired by Michael Gubbins (Partner, SamboMedia and Chair, Film Agency for Wales), featuring: Mark Allenby (Director of Distribution, Picturehouse), Christine Costello (MD and Co-Founder, More2Screen) and Emma Keith (Producer, Broadcast and Digital, National Theatre Live)
– The Battle For Attention: What Are People Watching?, introduced by a presentation from Mike Shaw (Vice President, Media, comScore), and chaired by Adam Singer (Chairman, BSAC), featuring Vanessa Bakewell (Head of Entertainment, Facebook), Edward Humphrey (Digital Director, BFI), Chris Ratcliff (MD, Portland TV) and Stuart Saw (Director, EMEA, Twitch).
The Conference was chaired by Marc Samuelson (Deputy Chairman, BSAC).
A copy of the BSAC Business Briefing on the UK Movie Market, which was prepared for and delivered by Ben Keen at this Conference, can be downloaded here.
Thanks to sponsorship from Time Warner this was a free event, open to the BSAC Membership and invited guests.
Back to News