14th Mar 2013
BSAC Film Conference 2013
14 March 2013
The tenth annual BSAC Film Conference, sponsored by Time Warner, took place on Thursday, 14 March 2013.
The day featured keynotes from Jonathan Hill, Deputy Head of Cabinet of Commissioner Vassiliou, European Commissioner for Education, Culture, Multilingualism and Youth, and from Kelly Merryman, Vice President, Content Acquisition, Netflix.
Other Items on the agenda included:
– A presentation on UltraViolet from Jeremy Michaels, Consultant, Oliver & Ohlbaum AssociatesJon Bourdillon
– Developing Content on Demand (chaired by Adam Dawtrey, panelists were Jon Bourdillon, Distributor; Richard Halton, CEO, YouView; Adrian Letts, COO, Tesco Digital Entertainment; and Ian Moss, Head of Content Acquisition, BT Vision)
– This is How I Built an Audience (chaired by Stephen Garrett, panelists were Myles Dyer, YouTube Marketing Jedi, Channelflip & Video Blogger; Carrie Fletcher, YouTube Producer and Performer; Justin Gayner, Creative Director and Co-Founder, ChannelFlip; Dragoslav Zachariev, Project Manager, EuroVoD)
– The Art of Nurturing Franchises (chaired by Marc Samuelson, Producer, Samuelson Productions and featuring Josh Berger CBE, President and MD, Warner Bros. Entertainment UK, Ireland & Spain; and Michael G. Wilson OBE, Producer, Eon Productions)
– Delivering Tax Credits for Animation, High End TV & Video Games: A Recipe for Growth (Chaired by Michael Ridley, Partner, Media & Technology, DLA Piper, panelists were Anna Mansi, Head of Certification, BFI; Charles Moore, Partner, Wiggin; Dr Jo Twist, CEO, UKIE; Mike Watts, CEO, Novel Entertainment).
Ben Keen, IHS Screen Digest produced a paper on annual trends in the UK Movie Market for this event, a copy of which can be downloaded here.
The conference chair was Stephen Garrett, Chairman, Kudos Film and Television and Executive Chairman, Shine Pictures.
A full report of this event has been produced and can be downloaded here.
This event was made possible by generous sponsorship by Time Warner.
Back to News