30th Mar 2017
March 2017 Council Meeting
Items on the agenda at the March Council Meeting included:
- The latest responses to Piracy, presentations followed by discussion with:
- Liz Bales (Chief Executive, Industry Trust for IP Awareness) – presenting the latest research on piracy and demonstrating the ease of piracy via a Kodi set top box;
- Ian Moss (Director, Public Affairs, BPI), talking about the effectiveness of the ‘Get It Right’ campaign; and
- Ari Alibhai (Barrister, QEB Hollis Whiteman Chambers) speaking about private prosecutions in IP infringement.
- Update on the latest developments around the Audiovisual Media Services Directive, from Jeremy Olivier (Head on Internet Policy, Ofcom)
- Updates on the development of BSAC’s responses to: the IPO’s call for views on Illicit IPTV streaming devices; and to the Government’s Industrial Strategy Green Paper
- Presentation of the BSAC’s Strategic Plan, laying out the future direction of the organisation, from Pete Johnson (Chief Executive, BSAC).
Council Meetings are private events for BSAC Members.
Back to News